Because I loathe having to scroll through a loooooong post searching for the recipe, I’ve decided to include all my recipes FIRST. You’re welcome.
Ground Beef Chili
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
1 pound ground beef
2 tbs olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 green bell peppers, diced
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 32 oz container beef broth
1 large potato, peeled and diced
1) Heat large pot over medium heat.
2) Add ground beef and cook until meat is fully browned.
3) Remove meat from pot with slotted spoon and transfer it to a bowl, keeping the leftover fat in the pot.
4) Reduce heat to medium low and add onions, garlic, bell peppers, spices, and seasonings to the pot.
5) Cook until the onions are translucent and bell peppers are tender, about 5 minutes.
6) Add tomatoes (do not drain), diced potatoes, broth, and meat to the pot and turn the heat up to high.
7) When the chili reaches a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for an hour.